Autosave and Page/Post Revisions
Each time you click Publish or Update while editing a Page or Post, WordPress stores a revision.
WordPress also autosaves the page, similar to the autosave function in Microsoft Word.
Note: these times are calculated based on the time zone set in Settings…General.
Turning on the Revisions Box
By default, WordPress does not display the Revisions box.
To turn it on:
1. In the upper right of the Edit or Add New screen, locate and click the Screen Options tab:
2. The tab expands downward to display additional blocks:
3. Click the checkbox next to Revisions.
4. Click the Screen Options tab again to close the tab and save the changes.
Restoring a Page to a Prior Revision
1. In the Revisions box, click the date/time link for the revision you want to restore. The Compare Revisions screen appears:
2. Click Restore this Revision. The Revision screen closes.
Note: the revisions are displayed in raw HTML, which contains specialized formatting codes. Contact Web Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for help in understanding the text and picking the best version to restore.