These instructions are a continuation of the page linked above.
- In Content Source, choose Remote WP Content.
- In Remote URL, type or paste in the URL of the site homepage you want to get the remote content from.
- Example: https://news.cals.wisc.edu/
Note: this feature works best when you use CALS-hosted websites in the Remote URL.
- In Remote Fallback Image, click Add Image, and follow the screens to choose an image, or upload one.
- Remote Content Offset – enter 0 to display the most recent post from the remote site. If you want to reset that to an earlier post, enter a number in this field.
- In Remote Category ID, if desired, enter a category number to filter the post by.
- Categories for the https://news.cals.wisc.edu/ site:
- Departments – 4
- Facilities – 163
- Faculty – 169
- Priority Themes – 15
- Students – 158
- Uncategorized – 1
- If desired, in Hero Image Vertical Alignment, set the vertical alignment to Top, Centered, or Bottom.
- In Disable Image Filter, if desired, click Yes.
- In Disable Blur Filter, if desired, click Yes.
- In Content Permissions, if desired, choose a user role. If desired, enter an error message in the Custom Error Message box to display when users who do not have a high enough role try to view the content.
- Click Publish.